Thursday, October 7, 2010

Writer's Bliss

As I sit here in my room at Cedar Lane, editing and writing ACTfirmations for Live Your Intentions, I realized that I can think of no place I'd rather be than right here, in this moment, doing exactly what I am doing. I like to think I have learned to cultivate these experiences, but to be honest, it has been a very difficult week. One of those collections of days, circumstances, and states of mind that left me doubting everything, down to the very core of my being. And yet, as stormy chaos always seems to prepare the way for deep peace and powerful change in my life, I find myself more sure of myself, more certain about my talents, and with greater clarity and vision for the future than I have had for a long time.

So, I will drink my steamy Yerbe Mate, tapping away the autumn afternoon on my humble laptop, smiling my grateful awareness to the water fountain gurgling gracefully in the corner and the squirrels at play in the treetops outside my window. I can't say what tomorrow holds; who, if anyone, will take interest our book; or how the next few months will unfold to ease the current sensation of fiscal crisis. I can, however, breathe deep right here, right now, and savor the joy of creativity and the certainty that somehow, doing what I am passionate about will call forth it's own reward!

Namaste :)

No comments:

Post a Comment